Tuesday 20 January 2015

A 'Mile' Stone

This weekend really does represent a mile stone - in more ways than one!!

This time last year, I was in one of my very lowest points with depression, my parents came to pick me up from University (yeah, a whole 5.5 hour car journey one way!!!) to take me home after an incident that left me feeling very vulnerable and very low, I won't go into the details but let's just say in hindsight I'm so so grateful for the friends and family and support I have that meant I did go home, when I did.

So...what's different this year? A whole lot!!
   --  Instead of feeling sorry for myself this past weekend and spending the time by myself contemplating life, I went on the longest run of my marathon training yet, a crazy 10 miles!!! Leaving me feeling refreshed (but exhausted!) , a sense of achievement and just generally buzzing!

  -- I have the most wonderful and supportive housemates everrrr!! Although living with a couple can have its disadvantages, I love them to bits and am SUPER excited to have been asked to be a bridesmaid at their wedding!!!!

  -- What's not different? I still have the same supportive friends that I had last year, looking out for me and reminding me that actually, I've made it!!! I've made it into my third and final year of university, basically my last term (except summer exams), which is something I never thought I'd do!! (another milestone??!)


The next milestone I'm aiming for is the Half Marathon in Old Deer Park, Richmond, on the 22nd February 2015, all in the plan for gearing up for the big London Marathon in April!!

So if you haven't already, please do support me by following the link below to my fundraising page!!
Thanks :)

www.virginmoneygiving.com/SabrinaWaters

No comments:

Post a Comment